View Cluny Bank in a larger map
Forres Golf Club
Designed by Open Championship winners James Braid and Willie Park the Par 70 course is just less than 6300 yards from the tips and although not the longest by today’s standards it provides a good test for golfers of all abilities.
This octagonal tower stands on the highest point above Forres. Built in 1806 by the Forres Trafalgar Club it commemorated Nelson’s victory and death at that battle of Trafalgar. At 21m high and only a short walk from the hotel, it’s a pleasant It was also the first monument erected to him after his death and the most northerly of all Britain’s Nelson monuments. The octagonal 21-metre tower was opened in 1812 and stands above what is now Grant Park. It was built in the gothic style by Charles Stewart and the 96 steps to the roof reveal spectacular views of the Moray Firth.